An occasional glimpse of life in rural New Jersey where we share our mountaintop home with 2 cats and a variety of wildlife... (Don't forget to click on the photos to enlarge.)
Friday, August 06, 2010
I WON! I WON! I WON!
All three of my cards won First Place at the NJ State Fair this year!!! Plus I got a special award ribbon (it's huge) in the Professional category, my first year in that level.
Hi Doris it is nice to meet you! Congratulations on the three first place wins. I went over and looked at the cards and they are BEAUTIFUL!
To answer your question about my weight loss. I have never had a weight problem but in the past four years or so I have been eating ridiculous portions and sweets after every meal (sometimes even breakfast). I had started gaining more and more weight and finally I decided I was READY to get back down to a smaller size again. I also was getting really lazy, sitting on the couch watching TV and reading a lot. I started off with walking on my treadmill. I still do that everyday, usually about 45 minutes at a very brisk pace. I have also added a toning DVD, or bike riding that I do when I need something different, or I will do that later in the day if I feel I ate a bit too much. I also do various crunches and leg lifts throughout the day working on my stomach, if I am just sitting around. Also I'm watching what I ate. Healthier foods, lots of fruits and veggies and measuring out my portions. I am also keeping a little notebook where I write everything down I eat and also all my exercising. It keeps me accountable for what exactly I am doing. Truly I am just eating MUCH better and moving....a lot! I hope you can come up with what works for you and lose what you want to lose.♥
2 comments:
congrats! hope you celebrated with a bloomin' onion and a fried twinkie (and i sincerely mean that).
Hi Doris it is nice to meet you! Congratulations on the three first place wins. I went over and looked at the cards and they are BEAUTIFUL!
To answer your question about my weight loss. I have never had a weight problem but in the past four years or so I have been eating ridiculous portions and sweets after every meal (sometimes even breakfast). I had started gaining more and more weight and finally I decided I was READY to get back down to a smaller size again. I also was getting really lazy, sitting on the couch watching TV and reading a lot. I started off with walking on my treadmill. I still do that everyday, usually about 45 minutes at a very brisk pace. I have also added a toning DVD, or bike riding that I do when I need something different, or I will do that later in the day if I feel I ate a bit too much. I also do various crunches and leg lifts throughout the day working on my stomach, if I am just sitting around. Also I'm watching what I ate. Healthier foods, lots of fruits and veggies and measuring out my portions. I am also keeping a little notebook where I write everything down I eat and also all my exercising. It keeps me accountable for what exactly I am doing. Truly I am just eating MUCH better and moving....a lot! I hope you can come up with what works for you and lose what you want to lose.♥
Post a Comment