Yesterday I went to pick up our dry cleaning. Since it was a beautiful sunny day and unusually warm, the door to the cleaners was open. I parked in front and, as I got out of the car, a woodchuck approached on the sidewalk. When he saw me, he dashed inside the dry cleaning establishment, sending all the workers screaming as they sought higher ground. It's a big town, the county seat actually, and these women had never seen a ground hog before, especially for an indoor visit! I wish I had thought to grab my camera because the events that followed were like a scene from a funny movie: The owner grabbed a mop and started zig zagging across the back of the store, waving the mop back and forth as he chased the woodchuck. One of the girls kept arranging wheeled laundry carts in rows to corral the frantic animal, and the woodchuck was in a panic. Meanwhile, Joyce, Lucy and Joan were in the safety of my car watching the whole episode through the windows and laughing hysterically as though they were at a drive-in comedy (they were!)
The hilarity ended when the woodchuck finally found his way out a back door and everyone calmed down. Chuck has not been seen since...
1 comment:
What a funny story. Who would have thought there would still be a woodchuck in NJ. Just kidding!
Tom & Cyndy
Post a Comment